Hair care tips
The first step in hair-care is your diet and the two most crucial things in your diet are iron and protein. Although your hair cells are the fastest growing cells in the body but they are also the first ones to be damaged if you don’t eat right or suffer with deficiencies. Try and introduce iron-rich foods like leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpea, soybeans and cereals in your diet. Doctors advice that you eat up at least 12 mg of iron daily. You also require protein as it enhances your hair. Consume proteins which are also rich in amino acids: like cheese, milk, soy, lentils, peas, quinoa and yogurt for those dreamy long hair.
A Few Basic Tips to Maintain Healthy Hair
1. No need to panic if you see a small bunch in your comb. It’s normal to lose 100 to 150 strands of hair a day.
2. Comb wet hair with utmost care as they’re delicate and prone to breakage. Take a broad toothed comb and run it from the roots to the ends of your hair as smoothly as possible.
3. Make it a practice to cut about 1/4th inch of your hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again.
4. Avoid washing your hair everyday and whenever you do, do not forget to apply some conditioner on the ends.
5. Rinse the conditioner off with cold water for both strength and shine.
6. It’s best to avoid colouring if you have dry hair. However, if you can’t curb the urge for that gorgeous shade of brown, then you can use lemon, chamomile tea or honey as they work as great hair lighteners. You can add lemon juice to water and spray it over your hair when you’re going out. You can rinse your hair with brewed chamomile tea after you wash them with shampoo or add honey to the water you use to wash your hair with.
Along with these basic tips, here are few home-remedies that’ll take you a long way to remedy your damaged, dry locks, leaving you with healthy hair.
Nothing perfectly works as good as deep conditioning. Every once in a while wash your hair with shampoo, squeeze out the extra water and towel dry it. Then take considerable amounts of conditioner and apply it right to the root of your hair. Focus on your ends. They are commonly the most dehydrated, as natural oils take a while to work down the length of your hair strands. Applying a deep conditioner to your ends will restore oils, avoiding breakage and split ends. After applying a conditioner, cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic bag wrap a warm, damp towel around your head. This opens up the cuticle and allows the conditioner to penetrate your hair. Rinse out deep conditioner with cold water, which closes the hair’s cuticle and helps the strands hold moisture. Thereafter, rinse with your normal shampoo and conditioner. And most importantly: Do it REGULARLY. Deep conditioners aren’t a magic solution to hair problems, BE PATIENT, results will come slowly. Hair growth and repair takes TIME and CONSISTENCY.
Home-Made Hair Masks
1. Egg, curd and mustard oil – If you’ve got hay-like dry hair then here’s the solution to all of your problems. Eggs are rich in vitamin A, B12, D and E, fatty acids and protein. The protein helps enhances the roots, the fatty acids make it a natural hair conditioner and B12 helps add volume.
2. Avocado and peppermint oil – Mash some avocado, add a drop or two of peppermint oil and apply this mask on your hair. Leave it in for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
3. Olive oil, coconut oil and egg – Warm 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, let it cool, add one or two eggs and two tablespoons of olive oil and apply.
Oil is the Answer
Never ignore the benefit of oil. Oil provides your hair minerals, vitamins and essential fatty acids that not just strengthen your roots but even boost overall health of your hair. Coconut oil comes most recommended by hair experts and a favourite among mothers! It not even protects your hair from sun damage, dandruff but also accelerates hair growth. You could also boil some curry leaves in coconut oil, strain the oil and apply. If you’re suffering from hair fall then olive oil would be a better option.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.